Thursday, January 2, 2014

Offering Demos on Demand Throughout the Winter Season

Welcome 2014. Winter has fully set in over Southern Ontario. My favorite snow kite spots are well frozen over, and the snow is falling as I write this. As I usually do with the turn of the season, I refresh my offers to the community of kite equipment demos through Facebook and local advertisements, and now here on this Blog. 

My equipment is offered to those with experience and can handle a kite safely. I would prefer it, if launching on the ice, that you also bring your own anchor to launch from (an ice climbing screw is best). That said, if you are brand new to kiting, I can understand the feeling of intimidation as I was there myself about five years ago. I still encourage you to contact me if you are a neophyte - I can put you in touch with a good instructor for an introductory session to set you on your own course to becoming a kiteboarder. 

If you have some experience and want to try a Switch Kite on for size, I have four kites in sizes covering wind ranges up to about 25 knots. I personally cut myself off around 20 knots on the ice anyway. In the past when I felt particularly brave on a strong wind day, I would take out my 3m trainer or 4m foil on those nuking days...but alas, a couple of months ago my small kite totally disintegrated in a 40 knot gust whilst landboarding at Wasaga Beach. 

So, contact me at norriegga@gmail.com if you are interested in Switch Kites or kiteboarding at all. I'll do my best to help you out. In winter, I frequent Lake Simcoe, Bass Lake, Luther Marsh and a few other spots in Southern Ontario. 

Cheers. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment